Phoenix Asia Academy of Technology carry national recognition of OFQUAL, the UK regulatory body for Higher Education. OFQUAL refers to the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation, a regulating body for tests, assessments, and/or exams across England. It is tasked to ensure that high standards are promoted and maintained across all educational institutions and certificate-awarding organizations in England. And also responsible for ensuring standards are maintained for GCSEs, A levels, AS levels, and all vocational and technical qualifications. The name is short for the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation.
All learning materials are designed and written by professional academic authors so that each interactive module is aligned against specific learning criteria specified by OFQUAL, the defining UK Government body for Academic Standards in UK Higher Education. These standards ensure those that learn with us receive a high quality education along with certification that is recognised universally by Universities and employers.
Graduating online students can progress to a University programme, either to join at Undergraduate entry level, usually on completion of level 3, or “top-up” Degree, depending on the level of their OFQUAL programme. Top-up degrees are for those who already hold a nationally recognised Certificate or Diploma of an appropriate level and are looking to complete their qualification to a full Degree.
What qualifications are at each Ofqual level?
There are loads of individual qualifications at each level. However, to give you a rough idea:
- Basic skills are Ofqual entry level qualifications
- GCSE at grades 3-1 / D-G is Ofqual level 1
- GCSE at grades 9-4 / A*-C is Ofqual level 2
- A level, AS level or International Baccalaureate diploma is Ofqual level 3
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE) or NVQ level 4 is Ofqual level 4
- Diploma of Higher Education or a foundation degree is Ofqual level 5
- An ordinary degree (with or without honours) is Ofqual level 6
- A Masters’ degree or a PGCE is Ofqual level 7
- A doctorate or a level 8 diploma is Ofqual level 8